User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-27-2018, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ford F150 Limited Gets Raptor Engine

I'm not entirely sure why Ford thought this was a good idea, but it looks like the 2019 F150 Limited will be sold with the 3.5l EcoBoost from the Raptor. From what I've heard that powertrain is way more focused on speed and performance than it is utility, which is what F150 owners are looking for. This new engine will probably result in a big loss to both towing capacity and payload. Perhaps Ford has plans for an even larger engine in a refreshed Raptor?
post #2 of 10 Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
To be honest it seems like a marketing gimmick as they can now advertise the F150 as being "Raptor" powered. I agree that this powertrain isn't going to the kind of specs that people buying an F150 need. I can almost guarantee that we'll see some body kits/conversions that attempt to make it look similar as well.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhett View Post
To be honest it seems like a marketing gimmick as they can now advertise the F150 as being "Raptor" powered. I agree that this powertrain isn't going to the kind of specs that people buying an F150 need. I can almost guarantee that we'll see some body kits/conversions that attempt to make it look similar as well.
That essentially what it comes down to. They sell "FX4" off road packages for other models but obviously "FX4" has no marketing bite to it, Raptor on the other hand hits all the right emotional cues in marketing not just for the F-150 but every other product like it regardless of segment. Safe to say Ford knows marketing. Another example are all the restrictions they placed on the Ford GT allocations.

post #4 of 10 Old 08-04-2018, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If Ford was smart they would have just offered the GT on a 2 year lease with a buy option, over these ridiculous resale contracts. And for whatever reason is looks like the 3.5l Ecoboost will be the only engine choice on the new Limited F150. Not making it an option could end up being a mistake.
post #5 of 10 Old 08-10-2018, 03:29 PM

I'm assuming that the bigger engine will also come with a price hike? Seeing as the 2018 Limited trim already starts at $60k, how much can we anticipate for a reasonable bump? Another $5k?
post #6 of 10 Old 08-13-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think that's optimistic, but we'll have to wait and see what other changes have been made to the trim level. The Raptor does has a shorter wheelbase and higher suspension, which I'm assuming that has also had a big impact on its towing capabilities.
post #7 of 10 Old 08-17-2018, 05:22 PM

After seeing the hybrid developments going on currently as a lower trim F-150, i'm starting to think a Hybrid Raptor could very well be in Ford's future.
However odds are we'll see anything even remotely close show up will be during the mid-cycle refresh.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-18-2018, 01:19 PM

I think we're still quite a few years away before we see proper hybrid systems used on pickups. I know Ram is currently offering a mild hybrid on the new 1500, but they are facing some serious issues trying to get it to meet EPA standards.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-29-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhett View Post
I think we're still quite a few years away before we see proper hybrid systems used on pickups. I know Ram is currently offering a mild hybrid on the new 1500, but they are facing some serious issues trying to get it to meet EPA standards.
2020 is what Ford has in mind and right now we're not far off from seeing a concept even if its just some half cut chassis.
I believe eventually we'll see something at the upcoming NAIAS show in January
post #10 of 10 Old 05-23-2019, 02:44 AM

which ford truck is good for towing? i have to buy a towing truck for Blocked Driveway Removal in Queens, so kindly suggest any good towing truck.

Last edited by martinbrown2391; 05-23-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page