User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 07-20-2018, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Roush F150 vs Raptor

Just though I'd share this interesting comparison video that compares the value found in a Roush tuned F150 versus the Raptor. In terms of sticker price they are nearly identical ($69k) depending on the various options that you choose. One of the main differences between the two models is availability as the Raptor models sell out extremely quickly and often well above the suggested MSRP. I think there is one key factor that he leaves out of this comparison and that's resale value. It would be far easier to make back your money on the Raptor variant.
post #2 of 6 Old 07-20-2018, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm with him on the Raptor for resale value. Rarely has a truly iconic pick up come out. There was the SRT-10 RAM 1500 decades back but rarely you'd see on.
Even with all the time rival brands had to compete here, they failed and the Raptor still raises the bar.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-21-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well the Roush tuned F150 does have significantly more horsepower on tap (650), so that's well worth taking into consideration. Roush also offers a full 3 year powertrain warranty on the tuning kit and I believe that they are currently in development of a supercharger.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-04-2018, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I would personally go with the Roush. Its got way more power, and its more widely available. Ford really needs to step up their performance division, and start offering kits/aftermarket parts for their Raptor models.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-01-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The limited availability of the Raptor is something that has only reinforced its value, and I expect that we will see similar issues with the upcoming Ranger variant. Ford purposely builds these models in a limited capacity, to keep demand and pricing high.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-07-2018, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
The limited availability of the Raptor is something that has only reinforced its value, and I expect that we will see similar issues with the upcoming Ranger variant. Ford purposely builds these models in a limited capacity, to keep demand and pricing high.
At 30,000 Raptors sold last year. When you sell at that volume its no longer a limited model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page