• 2 Post By StrikerHawk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-05-2016, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Truck Prayers

Just a few Truck Prayers I came up with to help make the Great Waiting Game slightly more bearable.

Now I lay me down to wait,
I pray to Ford my truck to make.
Performance build my truck tonight,
And deliver it with the morning light.
If I should rise before itís here,
Iím going to need another beer.
Amen.

Our Ford, who art in Dearborn, kickass be thy truck.
They Raptor come, thy will be done, in desert, as it is on track.
Give us this day our daily gas, and forgive us our passes, as we forgive those who pass against us.
And lead us not into deep mud, but deliver us to victory.
For thine is the Raptor, with power and speed, for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Amen.

Yea, though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no truck,
For Raptor art with me, thy V6TT and thy FOX, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a desert before me in the presence of mine enemies,
Thou anointest my tank with gas, my tach runneth over.
Surely speed and agility shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of Ford forever.
Amen.
siezn and Jurassic like this.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD
post #2 of 7 Old 10-17-2016, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
lol, you have such a way with words when it comes to the Raptor. It brings the poet of of you.

Quote:
Now I lay me down to wait,
I pray to Ford my truck to make.
Performance build my truck tonight,
And deliver it with the morning light.
If I should rise before it’s here,
I’m going to need another beer.
Amen.
This one is going to get people through some dark times.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-18-2016, 03:22 PM

This killed me :

Quote:
For thine is the Raptor, with power and speed, for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.
That is some serious talent man ! Start a blog writing these things and make money !!

post #4 of 7 Old 10-20-2016, 04:25 PM

A poetic automotive blog sounds good to me

And at the end of the day it would still be better than all the horrible automotive blogs out there that hire people with zero passion or knowledge on the topics they cover.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-21-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siezn View Post
A poetic automotive blog sounds good to me

And at the end of the day it would still be better than all the horrible automotive blogs out there that hire people with zero passion or knowledge on the topics they cover.
As it is from what we're reading above, he already has more passion and knowledge over majority of them !

It's quite sad to see who all of these large communities are hiring to do video reviews and write-ups for an industry that they have no idea about.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-21-2016, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
As it is from what we're reading above, he already has more passion and knowledge over majority of them !

It's quite sad to see who all of these large communities are hiring to do video reviews and write-ups for an industry that they have no idea about.
I hate to tell you how many hours a day I spend reading every post in every topic across a half dozen different Raptor forums.
Passion I have in abundance.
True Knowledge I won't have until I've run up a 100k miles in my Raptor, participated in dozens upon dozens of Raptor events, taken professional desert driving courses (planned for next summer) and personally worked on installing and evaluating lighting, suspension and other upgrades on my truck through all of those Raptor events. Then, and maybe only then,will I be on par with all of the dedicated Gen 1 guys who've earned their stripes over that past several years.
But can you imagine anything more fun to be passionate about ? Perhaps by the time I'm ready to retire from my real job, I'll be able to provide useful insight to the Raptor community from a position of knowledge, rather than simply earning a paycheck while trying to figure out how to spot a Raptor from a long line of Dodge Rams.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD
post #7 of 7 Old 10-23-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerHawk View Post
I hate to tell you how many hours a day I spend reading every post in every topic across a half dozen different Raptor forums.
Passion I have in abundance.
True Knowledge I won't have until I've run up a 100k miles in my Raptor, participated in dozens upon dozens of Raptor events, taken professional desert driving courses (planned for next summer) and personally worked on installing and evaluating lighting, suspension and other upgrades on my truck through all of those Raptor events. Then, and maybe only then,will I be on par with all of the dedicated Gen 1 guys who've earned their stripes over that past several years.
But can you imagine anything more fun to be passionate about ? Perhaps by the time I'm ready to retire from my real job, I'll be able to provide useful insight to the Raptor community from a position of knowledge, rather than simply earning a paycheck while trying to figure out how to spot a Raptor from a long line of Dodge Rams.
You're very modest ! But I respect that. There definitely isn't anything more fun to be passionate about. There's just that special bond that gets developed between a man and his vehicle. (Not subjecting this to gender, just the saying lol)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page