User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Watch A Shelby F150 Raptor Take On The Dunes

Taking an already impressive Ford F-150 Raptor under their wing, Shelby American has turned it into a high performance machine. In their latest teaser, fans are treated to an almost two-minute clip of their all-new Baja Raptor tearing up the dunes.

Probably the greatest performance truck produced by Ford so far, the 2017 Ford F150 Raptor hides a 3.5L EcoBoost V6 beast under its hood, sending 450hp and 510lb-ft of torque to all wheels via a 10-speed automatic transmission. But there are always those who want more out of their machines and that’s where Shelby comes in.

Called “an extreme off-roader”, the Baja Edition Shelby Raptor is given a tune, coaxing an impressive 525 horsepower and 610lb-ft of torque out of the EcoBoost engine. They’ve also added a new cold air-intake, high-flow air filter, and aluminum intercooler.

Supporting the pickup’s dune tackling antics is a four-corner adjustable Fox Racing Stage 2 suspension system and for added traction the Shelby wheels are shod in off-road tires. Other additional features include some custom bumpers and skid plates, ram-air hood that actually works, a steel chase rack with full-size spare tire mounts, and copious amounts of LEDs.

Of course performance vehicles do not come cheap and the Shelby Baja Raptor starts at and eye watering $118,460. If you already have a factory mode Raptor, then the conversion will cost you $50,295.

post #2 of 8 Old 10-27-2017, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
$118,460 is too rich for my blood and the factory EcoBoost Raptor is already a beast in itself. I'm sure someone will have the funds to buy one or else things like these won't be produced, but it won't be me. Though those are nice wheels and tires.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-24-2017, 10:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This vehicle is spectacular, however, I agree that almost $120k is waaaay to much, I think if I'll need a vehicle for these purposes, I'll take a look at something smaller and cheaper.
If you're curious how this Raptor looks inside (cause there was no interior shots), here are a picture of it.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-25-2017, 04:26 PM

Aside from the upholstery, there's nothing all that exciting about the Shelby Raptor's interior. Actually expect more for something that's almost $120k, maybe carbon fiber trim or metallic accents.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-30-2017, 09:34 AM

I don't like its interior too, even upholstery, as for me, it looks cheap. Also, I'm not a fan of this silver plastic all-over Raptor's interior, maybe some wooden accents could make it look better.
post #6 of 8 Old 12-01-2017, 01:00 PM

I think wooden accents belong in luxury tarmac only cars and not off-road pickups, but that silver plastic does look cheap. Maybe it's the filming angles, but does the Shelby Raptor look slow to you?
post #7 of 8 Old 12-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shelby knows better and would instead include a carbon fiber trim kit if they were to offer one. Just look back at what they're all about as a brand and its easy to see they are flush with sportiness. If not them I hope Ford Performance is planning on something.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Maybe carbon fiber trim would make this awful interior looks a little bit better. I know that's an off-road truck, but still, I just can't think about vehicle's performance after seeing this type of interior...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page