Raptor F150 EcoBoost V6 Gets $145m Investment - Page 2 - Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 03-12-2016, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ford doesn't profit from keeping numbers down, the dealers do.
Craigy likes this.
post #12 of 14 Old 03-20-2016, 04:29 PM

Yup and at the end of the day Ford will want their cut out of it, they always will, it's like uncle sam, the dealers are just street level pushing the product
Craigy likes this.
post #13 of 14 Old 03-22-2016, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by machz View Post
Yeah I'm sure dealers are saying that but ford says they will keep up with demand so we will see. Ford has stated everyone who wants one will get one i'll listen to that for now instead of some blood sucking dealers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
Ford doesn't profit from keeping numbers down, the dealers do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siezn View Post
Yup and at the end of the day Ford will want their cut out of it, they always will, it's like uncle sam, the dealers are just street level pushing the product
Exactly guys. Ford has already indicated that the Raptor will be higher production than before, more or less another trim level of the F-150 than a limited-edition. Raptor is a bigger investment for them this time around, and they plan to cash in by selling more trucks. Ford doesn't profit when the dealer sells a couple trucks with $10k market adjustments, they profit when the dealer moves lots of inventory.

For the first 6 mos or so of production I'm sure dealers will have big markups, but after awhile there should be enough inventory on lots that you won't have to pay markup. Similar to Z06 and whatnot, hard to get initially but now you can find them easily with discounts.

I imagine most truck month discounts probably won't apply, but having to beg dealers for a Raptor will be a thing of the past.
siezn likes this.

post #14 of 14 Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigy View Post
Exactly guys. Ford has already indicated that the Raptor will be higher production than before, more or less another trim level of the F-150 than a limited-edition. Raptor is a bigger investment for them this time around, and they plan to cash in by selling more trucks. Ford doesn't profit when the dealer sells a couple trucks with $10k market adjustments, they profit when the dealer moves lots of inventory.

For the first 6 mos or so of production I'm sure dealers will have big markups, but after awhile there should be enough inventory on lots that you won't have to pay markup. Similar to Z06 and whatnot, hard to get initially but now you can find them easily with discounts.

I imagine most truck month discounts probably won't apply, but having to beg dealers for a Raptor will be a thing of the past.
They sure will move some good volume, all of what we've seen about the Ford Performance brand is an indication of that, it's one of the biggest things going on in the industry, an aggressive way of promoting performance much like what MB and BMW have been doing. And interest in the Raptor has only been going up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page