1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-18-2015, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Speculating on the EcoBoost Raptor's Engine Specs

While we don't have official information from Ford as to the final specs of the 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost engine that will power the 2017 Ford Raptor, we can put together a pretty good guess as to what to expect.

The 3.5-litre twin-turbo EcoBoost engine already sits in the "regular" F-150. There it produces 365 hp and 420 lb-ft of torque. We also know that the previous generation of Raptor boasted 434 lb-ft of torque and 411 hp.

The 2017 EcoBoost Raptor will have to surpass the figures of both of those vehicles. The current wisdom is that a horsepower of approximately 450 is likely, and torque will be at or above 440 lb-ft.

The specific specs may have been revealed through the recently released Forza Motorsport 6 video game.
The 2017 Ford EcoBoost Raptor is playable in the game, and that playable model is marked at 450 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque. The game also states the vehicle's weight at 5,700 lbs, and pegs its weight distribution at 57:43, front to back.

It is entirely possible that Forza made an educated guess on those numbers, but it is also possible that Ford did give them numbers. I think the fact that the 2017 Ford Raptor is featured on the case for Forza 6 makes it more likely that the numbers are indeed accurate. Evidently, Ford has already decided to use the game as a way to prominently market the Raptor. That means they have a relationship with the game developers and also would likely want the game to accurately represent the vehicle.
post #2 of 12 Old 12-20-2015, 10:02 PM

Ford is official partners with Forza and outted the Ford GT's specs the same way. entirely deliberate and buzz manufacturing LOL

post #3 of 12 Old 12-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Many other car makers have done the same thing with Forza, the most done being concepts which eventually came to life.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-03-2016, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm a bit skeptical to trust the stats from a game but since Ford is a partner of Forza, it could be possible.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
I'm a bit skeptical to trust the stats from a game but since Ford is a partner of Forza, it could be possible.
Forza is one of those games that's closely connected to the automotive industry so although at times they may not show real numbers, when you really look at it, they come close enough, enough to give you a sense of what to expect in production.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-07-2016, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
Ford has an official partnership with Forza.

post #7 of 12 Old 01-10-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I just can't see FOrd letting Forza publish number s that are off by much.
Craigy likes this.
post #8 of 12 Old 01-11-2016, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's going to be a lot of power, without question. Forza numbers don't seem ridiculous, although I'd suspect more torque and less horsepower.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-29-2016, 10:39 PM

Smile Clay Pigeon

Had the dealer call today with engine spec from Ford.450 Hp-lb-ft of torque over 500. I ordered mine Monday when it was still a question.
post #10 of 12 Old 09-29-2016, 11:00 PM

450 HP, 510 ft-lb torque. It's now confirmed and posted all over the internet.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page