1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 04-28-2015, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundy View Post
And they'll already have your money It's all conjecture at this point regardless...
Basically yeah.

Still would be awesome if it happened. More powa
post #12 of 16 Old 09-04-2015, 02:18 AM

I'm fine with the Ecoboost Raptor. Ford has invested allot of money into the Ecoboost. I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for the 5.0 TT.
siezn likes this.
post #13 of 16 Old 09-06-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Tony View Post
I'm fine with the Ecoboost Raptor. Ford has invested allot of money into the Ecoboost. I'm not gonna hold my breath waiting for the 5.0 TT.
That's what I think will be the case for a lot of people, with that powerplant delivering what seems to be enough and do a good job of it... it's easy to just go with it.

post #14 of 16 Old 11-27-2016, 12:41 AM

Wink An amazing yet limited Ecoboost

Or you could Supercharge the current 6.2l Raptor with a CARB legal Whipple/Roush and have obnoxious amounts of power over that TT V6...which is already peaked out. That's just the thing with the Eco boost, they are what they are and you can't really upgrade anything other than airflow at the intake and exhaust. Doing turbo or fuel enhancements will probably start putting you in dangerous territory of losing an engine. At least with the current 6.2l V8's, there is a ton of room to do more to them because of their stronger bottom ends, and 50-state legal for that matter.

That all being said, a TT 5.0l would absolutely change my opinion on the matter and leave a supercharged 6.2l in the dust. I'm all for the development of that engine because I love having an ultimate 4x4 machine with a side of sports car in it. Don't get me wrong, the V6 Eco boost is a fantastic engine with tons of R&D behind it, but you are pretty much stuck with whatever power it has because Ford has squeezed out of it just about everything it can do. For someone like me, I like to build on my Trucks and constantly improve them in all aspects, and the V6 Eco boost is going to be too limited for me in that regard.
post #15 of 16 Old 11-27-2016, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum! Since Ford has already tuned the V6 EcoBoost to produce as much power as it can, does that mean you're not interested in one?
post #16 of 16 Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM

I will never buy a 6 cylinder Raptor. It is dead to me without at least a 5.0 V8.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page