1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 02-12-2015, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndikat View Post
its a statistical lie. in enthusiast vehicles the manual take rate is MUCH higher then the 7% bandied about as the death knell of three pedals...
Yup, something that's VERY obvious with vehicles favored by enthusiasts, most desire to own a manual when optional, part of the culture and supports a more engaging experience.
post #12 of 16 Old 02-13-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siezn View Post
Yup, something that's VERY obvious with vehicles favored by enthusiasts, most desire to own a manual when optional, part of the culture and supports a more engaging experience.
too bad manuals are dying
post #13 of 16 Old 02-14-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
in mainstream vehicles

post #14 of 16 Old 02-26-2015, 04:11 PM

Yup.
At least if you want it badly enough with the right type of vehicle, that option is availble.
post #15 of 16 Old 12-09-2015, 12:56 PM

Paddles will be much easier to use than the old style on the shifter handle. Classy upgrade
post #16 of 16 Old 08-06-2016, 11:32 PM

Fellas- as much as i'm getting a kick out of the banter over the paddle shifter addition, and "youngsters not knowing how to drive a manual transmission", i gotta share something with ya'll. I have a built 2013 Fx2 EcoBoost converted to a class 8 raptor. Everything OEM Raptor- except for the 3.5L E.B. engine ... its putting out 416HP and 566ftlbs according to last months dyno, and if you haven't driven an EcoBoost- here is the D.L.: this is NOT a big fat stomp the throttle 6.2L V-8. It's like having a 2 stroke truck. Turbo Lag, peak RPM range, optimal boost pressure for a given RPM, etc. This engine ONLY makes power between 3500-4500(roughly) RPM's. (in other words, you MUST keep it in the power band or you lose your steam) and if there's one thing I've been racking my brain about is just HOW is FORD going to convert a bunch of "punch it and go" V-8 guys to a turbo-charged truck that drives more like a CR-250 than a CRF-450. The answer became clear when they announced the 10 speed transmission. Basically, for this new Raptor to fly with the public, its gonna need more gears than my 6 speed has, thats for sure. When I'm driving seriously- its a constant "thumb-fest" at the rocker switch on the shifter to keep the engine in powerband without constantly blowing the waste gates and discharging the BOV. If you drive it right (gear/rpm/needed torque) you'll rarely hear the waste gates. if you're over geared and try and pin the throttle, you'll just expel thrust out of the gate. (hence the "2-stroke truck" reference). Anyhow- PADDLESHIFTERS will make this WAAY better and easier for the transition of driving style. I for one am slightly jealous and will be shopping for a 10 speed transmission soon! oh- and paddle shifters ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0511.jpg (350.0 KB, 2 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page