User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-22-2016, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The New Guy

Alright... always appreciated how the Raptor looked but the EcoBoost is basically giving me the optimal package. Great looks, decent mileage, not that it matters greatly, but it is a plus.

Never had a pickup before but always wanted one. Now that my old 96 Cherokee is on it's last breath, I can stop dumping money into it and dump some money in to one of these.

Catch y'all in the discussions
post #2 of 8 Old 12-11-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Alright... always appreciated how the Raptor looked but the EcoBoost is basically giving me the optimal package. Great looks, decent mileage, not that it matters greatly, but it is a plus.

Never had a pickup before but always wanted one. Now that my old 96 Cherokee is on it's last breath, I can stop dumping money into it and dump some money in to one of these.

Catch y'all in the discussions

Good choice, but if your not in a rush to buy a truck consider waiting for the 2017+ Jeep Pickup. Depending on what your needs are as a truck guy that might be for you, although it wont be anything like the Raptor.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-12-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siezn View Post
Good choice, but if your not in a rush to buy a truck consider waiting for the 2017+ Jeep Pickup. Depending on what your needs are as a truck guy that might be for you, although it wont be anything like the Raptor.
Blasphemy I say, BLASPHEMY !!! <lol>.
Welcome to the forums Dino. As Siezn noted, the Raptor isn't your usual truck. It's towing and payload limits are reduced over a normal F-150 because of the suspension set-up, thus there are times where it's not the right choice, depending on what you're looking to do with it. If you can get your hands on one, I don't believe you'd ever regret it, but again, get what fits your needs first, Raptor or not.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD

post #4 of 8 Old 12-13-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Lol blasphemy ! Hahaha

Does anyone know when the Jeep Pickup should be coming ? That sounds enticing but also seems like it would be a truck that's kind of comparable to the Raptor ??
post #5 of 8 Old 12-13-2016, 02:03 PM

I do not. Sorry.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD
post #6 of 8 Old 12-18-2016, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
As far as I know, the Jeep pickup may come in 2018. Do you plan to haul a lot with the pickup?
post #7 of 8 Old 12-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerHawk View Post
Blasphemy I say, BLASPHEMY !!! <lol>.
Welcome to the forums Dino. As Siezn noted, the Raptor isn't your usual truck. It's towing and payload limits are reduced over a normal F-150 because of the suspension set-up, thus there are times where it's not the right choice, depending on what you're looking to do with it. If you can get your hands on one, I don't believe you'd ever regret it, but again, get what fits your needs first, Raptor or not.
haha sorry, it's just my natural tendency to be open to brands and whats out there. What will really tip the scale for me (away from Raptor and to Jeep) is if they deliver a Hellcat powered Jeep Truck. Just imagine that.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-22-2016, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Definitely won't be hauling a lot of things.. majority of the time probably coolers, and possibly the occasional engine here and there

If they developed a Jeep with a Hellcat engine... depending on the price of course, but I would want to be all over that. That's definitely something that would push me to the edge in their favor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page