• 1 Post By Jurassic

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2018 Raptor Tail Gate Options

For the 2018 model year, the Raptor will be coming with a choice of two different tail gate options. This gives us even more customization possibilities from the factory which is always a good thing.

I'm really unsure of which one I prefer at the moment though so I'll ask, which do you guys prefer? A part of me likes that big matte piece with the FORD stamped into it because it creates a bit more continuity with the rest of the truck.

Quote:
Beyond the F-150 lettering stamped in the bottom of the tailgate, the cheapo variant looks out of place bearing in mind what a fabulous and supremely capable pickup truck the Raptor is. The moment you select the 801A or 802A package in the configurator, the full-sized dune runner adds a matte black tailgate applique that reads ďFordĒ with big, capital letters.

The difference in design can be best observed in the side-by-side photo collage serving as the main pic of this write-up. Customers who would prefer the more spacious SuperCrew will have to pony up at least $52,770 excluding destination, and retail pricing can only go up from here on in.

Customers who canít live without Android Auto or Apple CarPlay will have to spend $3,280 on the 801A package. The thing is, the 802A has so much more to offer. Sure itís $9,770, but other than the usual creature comforts and technologies goodies, the 802A adds the 4.10 front axle with a Torsen differential. If thatís too much money, the 2018 Raptor can be upgraded with the Torsen diff in exchange of $500 as a standalone option.
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...s-119458.html#
post #2 of 8 Old 07-27-2017, 07:20 PM

I had some classic trucks where big stamps were normal so now that its making a return, you bet I will go that route. Only thing is, I rather have that look on an all black F150 so the lettering turns out being as subtle as can be.

Have you thought about colors?
post #3 of 8 Old 08-07-2017, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Actually don't mind the second tailgate at all. There are those who don't prefer not to have a badge at the rear at all, but I like the raised badge look even if it is a large "FORD".

post #4 of 8 Old 08-08-2017, 04:54 PM

On the bright side at least people have the option to swap tail gates for which ever one they prefer. On these forums you could probably find someone else who wants your stock tailgate in exchange for theirs which is much more inline with what you want.

The beauty of buying one of the most popular trucks
post #5 of 8 Old 08-25-2017, 11:41 AM

Not so much the Raptor, but the F150 is definitely popular and those tailgates should fit perfectly on the Raptor as well. No point in changing the mounting system for just one model. The raised letters gives it a more beefy look IMO.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-25-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
Not so much the Raptor, but the F150 is definitely popular and those tailgates should fit perfectly on the Raptor as well. No point in changing the mounting system for just one model. The raised letters gives it a more beefy look IMO.
exactly

no way Ford will complicate this stuff especially when what people really want out of a raptor is more predicated on its performance than any visual stuff and this is still a high volume production performance truck, the process has to be simple.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Agreed, most would bypass a tailgate's looks because the 802A adds a 4.10 front axle with a Torsen differential. Or that can be added separately as an option.
siezn likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-01-2017, 04:56 PM

Correct.

Its only going to be with the upcoming Ranger pickup that people would be more focused on design that performance with how much of a city appeal it will have. This is something I noticed a lot with city-focused cars. I just hope Ford won't go overboard with design features.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page