User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2018, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Borla's X-Pipe Raptor System

Borla wanted to add a bit more power and create a better exhaust note for the Raptor, so they designed their own X-Pipe with Mid Pipes Muffler Replacement Exhaust System for teh 2018 Raptor. Perhaps it's to your liking, but not something I'd look into.
You can listed to it in action on Four Wheeler:Installing A Borla X-Pipe Raptor System
post #2 of 5 Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I always preferred how the stock system sounds because Ford already does a great job in making refined sounding V8's along with the fact it isn't too restrictive. Then there's the fact we have to worry about what the Law has to say!
post #3 of 5 Old 01-14-2018, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ahh yes, the law against overly loud exhausts. But that doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from doing what they want. I'm usually good with what comes form the factory because they usually have a nice subdued but still powerful sound.

post #4 of 5 Old 01-21-2018, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
Ahh yes, the law against overly loud exhausts. But that doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from doing what they want. I'm usually good with what comes form the factory because they usually have a nice subdued but still powerful sound.
It all depends on what your experience is like which could very well warrant that going aftermarket could cost you a lot of trouble down the road. Sometimes its just not worth the trouble of wasting your time and money. Lucky for us cops turn more of a blind eye to pick ups than they do to compacts.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-28-2018, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
For the most part, i think the police have had to accept a higher noise threshold for what they consider illegal. With so many new cars offering louder stock exhaust systems, its not quite as easy to determine which exhausts are catless/muffler deleted. And i would have to agree that generally, pickups aren't their main targets.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page