Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum

Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum (https://www.ecoboostraptors.com/forum/)
-   2017 Ford Raptor Ecoboost Photos & Videos (https://www.ecoboostraptors.com/forum/474-2017-ford-raptor-ecoboost-photos-videos/)
-   -   Ford Raptor S (https://www.ecoboostraptors.com/forum/2017-ford-raptor-ecoboost-photos-videos/3126-ford-raptor-s.html)

Jhett 09-15-2018 01:06 PM

Ford Raptor S

You guys should have a look at this special 'SVIPE' Raptor S - a new limited edition truck from the teams at Salomondrin and Galpin Auto Sports. I have no idea why they decided on a white leather interior for something that's supposed to be an 'off road' model, but I do like most of the other tweaks that have been made.

siezn 09-21-2018 11:37 AM

That white interior is fitting if you ask me because most cars built for a certain purpose aren't used in that way. Even with all its increase capability, aesthetics is what they're really after.

Holland 09-21-2018 03:14 PM

This Raptor is highly bespoke, so I doubt that practicality came into play when designing/customizing it. I personally don't think its anywhere near the level of luxury of what's offered from Rolls Royce, but everyone is going to have their own preferences.

siezn 09-23-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holland (Post 23092)
This Raptor is highly bespoke, so I doubt that practicality came into play when designing/customizing it. I personally don't think its anywhere near the level of luxury of what's offered from Rolls Royce, but everyone is going to have their own preferences.

Brought to a level of luxury like the Sierra I'm all for but anything beyond that is just overkill. The only way I would like to see more being done is with an F-150 based Lincoln truck. Using that for a build like this would be quite interesting.

Jhett 09-28-2018 03:12 PM

I think the odds of Lincoln returning to pickups is very slim, especially with how the Mark LT faired. The new Nautilus looks pretty good on the outside, but the interior is still using a very dated design.

siezn 10-03-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhett (Post 23100)
I think the odds of Lincoln returning to pickups is very slim, especially with how the Mark LT faired. The new Nautilus looks pretty good on the outside, but the interior is still using a very dated design.

you might be right because I remember seeing reports suggesting they were at a breaking point, so now we're seeing a rebirth
I think if the continued roll out of bread and butter products don't go well, we won't see anything special come out

Holland 10-15-2018 03:22 PM

Neither Lincoln or Cadillac have been doing well the past few quarters. I think with the big improvement we've seen in luxury features on lower segment vehicles, that not as many people see the need to buy into something premium.