• 1 Post By Jurassic

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-27-2018, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ford F-150 Raptor Drifting

Most people at the Nürburgring tries their best to avoid sliding outside of the track. Apparently the Ford F-150 Raptor didn't get that meme because they performed an epic slide while making a turn and it was complete with a spray of dirt.

RaptorsAdmin likes this.
post #2 of 10 Old 04-30-2018, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now I bet that Raptor owners will be motivated to add those Nurburgring stickers to their Raptors much like what you see from many other enthusiasts.
post #3 of 10 Old 05-04-2018, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Sport mode makes it easy, combine that with loads of torque, a light bed, tires with a poor skid rating and you have yourself a drifter.

post #4 of 10 Old 05-04-2018, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Cool idea for advertising from Ford and that driver is a pretty talented guy to whip around a vehicle of this size. But with how many Mustang owners we see drifting into crowds, the last thing I want to see is F150 owners taking a crack at.
post #5 of 10 Old 05-06-2018, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That would be the car and coffee meet to end all meets. I don't think the world is ready for that level of drift, also why I don't go to those meets. There's a time and place to drift and public streets are not it.
post #6 of 10 Old 05-11-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
Cool idea for advertising from Ford and that driver is a pretty talented guy to whip around a vehicle of this size. But with how many Mustang owners we see drifting into crowds, the last thing I want to see is F150 owners taking a crack at.
Problem is when trying to promote a product you have to take unconventional ways to promote it. if they just shown a mustang drifting it wouldn't be any different than what you already see taking place in the mustang communities.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-12-2018, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I'm not saying its not an effective promo because it is, I just don't want Raptor drivers to get it into their head that these kinds of stunts are possible in their trucks. Even this professional driver indicates that its quite a lot of vehicle to throw around. Also...
post #8 of 10 Old 05-24-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland View Post
I'm not saying its not an effective promo because it is, I just don't want Raptor drivers to get it into their head that these kinds of stunts are possible in their trucks. Even this professional driver indicates that its quite a lot of vehicle to throw around. Also...
If Raptor drivers wanted to do that they would have already by now. A video like this has little impact on culture. Sometimes car makers don't have marketing that isn't reflective of what the products buyers actually do.
post #9 of 10 Old 06-01-2018, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
With the new suspension system, would the Raptor no longer be drift worthy? Because the ECU will be constantly adjusting the suspension system in case one tire or all of them loses traction.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-01-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
With the new suspension system, would the Raptor no longer be drift worthy? Because the ECU will be constantly adjusting the suspension system in case one tire or all of them loses traction.
Yes, its an adaptive system that you cannot fight. I don't have all the details on it but if Ford wanted to let folks get sideways they would include a mode to let the suspension system run neutrally.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page