Hennessey’s 600-HP Raptor Starts from $295,000 - Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 10-05-2016, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hennessey’s 600-HP Raptor Starts from $295,000

Tuning company Hennessey Performance Engineering, known for their super powered Viper, has come out with an F-150 Raptor based 6 wheeler called the VelociRaptor.

The base price of this monstrosity is $295,000 and included in that price is of course the base F-150 Raptor, Baja-spec Fox suspension, 20-inch wheels with off-road tires, modified front and rear bumpers, rollbar, LED lights, and locking rear axles.

It’s not just the exterior that’s getting an update. The Raptor’s 3.5-liter V6 EcoBoost will get an ECU re-tuning, air-to-air intercooler, plumbing, turbos, and a stainless steel exhaust system. Combined, the engine will be able to crank out more than 600 ponies, a huge increase compared to the stock 450 horsepower. The updated engine’s torque has not been revealed yet but we can expect to see it produce more than 510 lb-ft of torque.

“The new 2017 Raptor is going to be one of the best all-around trucks ever built. We are excited to help take it to the next level both in terms of performance and exclusivity”, said Hennessey.

The VelociRaptor can be ordered from Hennessey or select Hennessey / Ford dealerships and buyers can choose from additional options like Brembo brakes, armoring systems, custom interior trim and exotic leathers. Like the VelociRaptor 600 Twin Turbo, you should be able to get the VelociRaptor 6X6 with orange paint.
post #2 of 14 Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 PM

Firstly.. Hennessey Performance is not known for their Viper. They're most noted for the Hennessey Venom GT..

Definitely won't be spending any money on anything Hennessey though. Just can't trust those people.
post #3 of 14 Old 10-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Firstly.. Hennessey Performance is not known for their Viper. They're most noted for the Hennessey Venom GT..

Definitely won't be spending any money on anything Hennessey though. Just can't trust those people.

While I have no personnel experience with Hennessey, my research has sure turned up a lot of people who have horror stories to report. I think the term Hennescrewed has almost become accepted by Webster's Dictionary <lol>.

StrikerHawk
2017 Raptor SCREW, N6 Lightning Blue, 802A Equipment Group, 68R Technology Package, 64D Forged Al. Wheels, 63E Bed Extender, 63T Tailgate Step, 90H Second-Row Heated Seats, 67H Heated Steering Wheel
Ordered: 27 Aug 2016, VIN Received: 24 Sept 2016, Build Date: 04 Nov 2016, Delivery Date: TBD

post #4 of 14 Old 10-14-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

From what I seen a lot of local people haven't had much issues with Hennessey since there's a level of follow up that happens which he isn't willing to deal with compared to someone overseas like that guy from the Middle East (i think?) that got screwed over.

But like many people I will too steer clear of Hennessey.
post #5 of 14 Old 10-17-2016, 12:37 AM

I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. they're known for scamming people and taking parts from people's cars to put it into other ones. Just poor business practices from them and I'm still amazed they're open with how poorly they're reviewed. Can easily google their sordid history and online fights with forums.
post #6 of 14 Old 10-21-2016, 08:37 AM

A simple Google search returns quite a bit of horror stories and complaints. From consumers down their own ex-employees which is pretty solid evidence.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-20-2016, 05:07 AM

Not a good look. Best to just stick with the regular Raptor and pass up on this opportunity. $290k+ is a lot to be trusting someone with.
But in the end I can't imagine that many people buying these, maybe a handful? Now just imagine if Ford themselves did a limited production run
post #8 of 14 Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 PM

Wouldn't buy one either way. The price point is just way too out there. I would rather buy myself a Raptor first, and for a six-wheeler, go with something like this for sub $100k. $86k to be closer to what they're looking for !

post #9 of 14 Old 11-25-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Wouldn't buy one either way. The price point is just way too out there. I would rather buy myself a Raptor first, and for a six-wheeler, go with something like this for sub $100k. $86k to be closer to what they're looking for !

That's much more doable for the average person, even those that can afford the Mercedes will see the value in this Wrangler 6x6 since overall ownership will be much cheaper and easier. No waiting hours to weeks for an issue to be resolved or for parts to come in.

I don't know about you guys but put my toys through **** and back and the last thing I want is to be limited on that.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-25-2016, 03:45 PM

Most definitely. Considering how versatile and rugged these Wranglers naturally are, I can only imagine the amount of crap you can put this 6x6 through. It'll take everything and the kitchen sink.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page