Hennessey Celebrates 25th Anniversary With The Velociraptor 700 - Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hennessey Celebrates 25th Anniversary With The Velociraptor 700

If you can’t wait until the EcoBoost Raptor goes on sale, then maybe Hennessey Performance’s 25th Anniversary Velociraptor 700 could be your Raptor alternative.

Hennessey has been in business for 25 years now and what better way to celebrate than coming out with a beefed up F-150. They’ve already tuned the F-150 to produce 600 and 650 hp so why not go even further?

Based on the F-150 FX4, this supercharged Ford Truck will deliver 704hp thanks to the 2.9-liter supercharger that’s paired with the standard 5.0-liter V8. Other goodies includes an air-to-water intercooler, high-flow air induction kit, fuel injector upgrade, stainless steel cat-back exhaust and HPE engine management calibration.

It’s not enough for Hennessey to have a truck with enough horsepower to rival the Lamborghini Aventador, they had to make it sound like a beast too with stainless steel cat-back exhaust system.

On top of the huge performance boost, the Velociraptor 700 will also be getting 20-inch wheels which will be paired with a set of on or off-road tires, black fender flares, pre-runner front bumper with an LED light bar, beefy rear bumper, and a Fox off-road suspension upgrade.

The supercharged upgrades come with a 3 Year / 36,000 mile limited warranty and only 25 units will be built. Best to hurry if you want to one up those VelociRaptor 600 and 650 owners.

Last edited by Ecoboost Raptor News; 07-08-2016 at 04:02 PM.
post #2 of 5 Old 07-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
This pickup must cost an arm and a leg if they're only building 25 units and it can push out 704hp. I don;t think any other pickup can do that right now so it's one of a kind. I'll still wait for an ecoboost raptor because I don't really trust hennessey.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-02-2018, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I'm surprised someone actually test drove the Ecoboost VelociRaptor and it's everything I'd expect it to be. TopGear said it was fast, but you lose a lot of agility to the point where going around corners feels cumbersome.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/.../first-drive-0

post #4 of 5 Old 02-09-2018, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After seeing the new Ranger Raptor I hope Hennessy or some other brand out there has plans for a ranger based VelociRaptor.
If there's anything they need its a hot product in a lower price point.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-09-2018, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
As enticing as a 700hp Raptor is, I just know that's going to come at a ridiculous price point. Hennessy has recently done some pretty incredible things with the Camaro, with the Exorcist offering 1000hp. Can be yours for the cheap price of $55k..on top of the ZL1's price. I would expect the VelociRaptor to be priced similarly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page