Raptor Assault Program - Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 01-23-2017, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Raptor Assault Program

The Raptor Assault program is the latest addition to the Ford Performance Racing School in Utah. Pretty much, they give you a great amount of time teaching you how to hand the truck in the off-road terrains that it has been designed for. If you are buying or leasing a brand new Raptor, you get a free day to the program. If you opt to pay an extra free, you can do a 2-day deal.

Quote:
that includes instruction in “rock crawling, Baja runs, high-speed driving, side-hilling, descending and braking” techniques, all the while educating owners in the finer points of the six driving modes offered by the vehicle's Terrain Management System.
Ford F-150 Raptor Comes With Free Off-Road Driving Course In Utah

post #2 of 12 Old 01-24-2017, 03:45 PM

Now that is something I would love to do.. but at the same time, I can only imagine how upset I would be if I just bought my Raptor, took it out there, and did some damages lol. Not only would it hurt the wallet, but it would hurt the ego as it's on a training course.
post #3 of 12 Old 03-01-2017, 09:24 PM

You don't use your own truck. You use their truck.

post #4 of 12 Old 03-03-2017, 10:54 AM

Should have definitely read the ending of the site...

Quote:
The one-day program is offered free of charge to anyone buying or leasing a new Raptor, and includes use of a vehicle (and the requisite safety gear) on-site. Travel and lodging are up to the participating owners, who can also opt (at extra charge) to take a second day of instruction on track behind the wheel of a Mustang GT.
post #5 of 12 Old 03-03-2017, 01:02 PM

Yup, that's what I tried to mention in another thread on this.
It's the only way they can get people to take part since there's just too much to consider when using your own vehicle in these situations.

Far more to gain with them offering the vehicle than you providing it. Plus its a similar recipe other car makers are using. BMW's Driving Experience program is a good example.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-05-2017, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Now that is something I would love to do.. but at the same time, I can only imagine how upset I would be if I just bought my Raptor, took it out there, and did some damages lol. Not only would it hurt the wallet, but it would hurt the ego as it's on a training course.
That might be why they provide you a vehicle to use, which overall is a small cost to them. Just the extra incentive this provides to potential buyers means a lot for Fords bottom line.

Don't forget about what other truck makers are doing... oh wait, what are they doing?
post #7 of 12 Old 03-05-2017, 06:36 PM

Ah... I see what you did there

I wonder how many non-owners actually pay out of pocket to get out there and go at it though. For owners it's a free thing, but for non-owners there is a price to pay (much like other experiences like Exotic Car Tours, etc.)
post #8 of 12 Old 03-10-2017, 03:07 PM

Well if you live in areas with ideal terrain and where this sort of automotive culture happens the most then odds are you'll find people who have done it, non-owners, just people looking for an experience.

But at the same time just being part of a community some guys will let you drive their cars and just guide you through the course. Some just want to share the experience and nothing else.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Those are the real enthusiasts in the culture that really want to share the experience and see other people join in the fun. Unfortunately that kind of stuff doesn't happen where I am, or at least not that I'm aware of. So I guess I would be out of luck
post #10 of 12 Old 03-12-2017, 07:56 PM

Events like those are more common in areas with come nice trails and challenging trails. You'll have to travel a bit to go to some of them but once you befriend the guys there, I'm sure one of them will be happy to take you out in their vehicle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page