New Member who works at Ford - Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bobhamb

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-31-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
New Member who works at Ford

*Waiting for my Raptor. I work at the Stamping Plant that builds the panels for the F150. I worked my way around different dealers to get the MSRP. My order date was at the beginning of December. Hopefully the truck will be available around May, I can keep an eye on every move my order takes.
post #2 of 10 Old 01-12-2017, 03:01 PM

Welcome to the forums ! That's pretty darn cool to work with the plant that's making the F150. Any secrets you can tell us
post #3 of 10 Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
No secrets, but I can go into the Ford Network to see the progress of my build. All the parts allocated to the truck will show by date. Scheduling Priority Code changed on 12/15/16 from 19 to 13. I don't expect my VIN yet though.

post #4 of 10 Old 01-15-2017, 03:03 PM

Fair enough, but it's still pretty cool that you can track it down to exactly what's going on. Will you be adding the new Raptor to your stable or will it be replacing another truck ?
post #5 of 10 Old 01-16-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I've been purchasing cars (all-wheel drive) for the last 10 years after having a couple pickups and three SUVs. I have a nice little summer car to have fun with, so the Raptor will be my everyday driver and winter vehicle (will finally have more vehicle storage room again). This will be replacing my 2016 Lincoln MKZ awd.
post #6 of 10 Old 01-17-2017, 03:34 PM

Welcome to the forums

Now... what may that summer car be? Sorry.. I'm a bit nosey lol
post #7 of 10 Old 01-17-2017, 05:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2014 Jaguar F-Type with 623 hp & 550 #ft/ torque. It's a fun convertible. If I can get a picture of it here, that's my car at the dealer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10523006_2.jpg (55.4 KB, 4 views)
post #8 of 10 Old 01-19-2017, 03:12 PM

Beautiful black and orange combination. You have an ultimate garage there my friend, Raptor for the winter and to commute around here and there. An F-Type to go out and have some fun.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-19-2017, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yes, Vehicles are nice, but my garage isn't deep enough to fit a Raptor that's almost 20 feet long. My garage is 20 feet deep by 31 feet wide now, but I'm getting estimates for a 10 foot addition to the back. Hopefully it will be completed in the Spring. With the delays of other buyers, I don't expect the truck until maybe May.
siezn likes this.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-18-2017, 10:06 PM

Have you started to consider what you'll do after taking delivery? I know most people aim to get some sort of paint protection done, and then some just entirely skip that and don't do anything aside from simple accessories like window tints. Keep us posted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Raptor Ecoboost Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page